Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Mouthwatering Homemade Mozzarella Sticks

I don't know about you, but I can't bring myself to buy Mozzarella sticks in the store. I find that they are WAY too expensive. Really, 6 sticks for $5? It's absurd! So, I looked to good ole Pinterest for a recipe to get more for my money. I found this blog and my search was over. Care to visit? Click here. Read on for my version of the recipe.


What you need:

1 package Mozzarella sticks
1 Egg
1/4 cup water
2/3 cup breadcrumbs
4 T. Adobo seasoning (optional)
2/3 cup flour
1/3 cup corn starch
Canola oil

What to do:

Add flour and corn starch to a bowl and mix. Add Adobo seasoning if desired. In another bowl, mix egg and water. Beat. In third bowl, portion breadcrumbs. Cut Mozzarella sticks in half. I used an 8 oz. package containing 8 sticks. Cut in half, I got 16 so it's not mandatory, you'll just end up with more. Coat in flour, then dip in egg, then coat in breadcrumbs. Heat oil in pan. Place sticks in oil and fry just until golden brown. Roughly 30 seconds. (Give or take.) It's best to judge so pay close attention. Frying sticks for too long can cause the cheese to melt too much and ooze out of the breading. Place fried sticks on paper towel-lined plate to drain. Cool and serve.

Serve with anything from pasta, sandwiches or on their own. Super delicious and you save money in the process. (Check out my Crock Pot Meatball sub recipe to try with your Mozzarella sticks.)



*Link up with me!*

7 comments:

  1. Oh I'm going to save this recipe! Sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! Must try this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks delish, pinning for later!! xo, jess
    www.dreamingofleaving.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Looks amazing! Thank you for sharing on Whatever Wednesday on Thank You Honey!

    ReplyDelete