Sunday, December 7, 2014

Coleslaw Recipe Guest Post

Hi there readers of Sew Crafty Angel! I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving and were able to have quality time with family and friends. My Thanksgiving was wonderful and hectic all in one :) that's what happens when you're a mom of 7 and a little bit of a procrastinator!


I'm Debbie from Heartbeats~ Soul Stains, I'm one of Angel's Contributing Angels. I feel blessed and honored to be able to come and share something with all of you once a month. I also think Angel is one of the sweetest persons out there. Her huge giveaway ended a couple of weeks ago and she worked so hard and countless hours to make it an awesome giveaway and to get the winner her big prize!


If you already don't know a lot about Angel or her Blogland world you should really find out more. She is amazing, crafty and resourceful. I recently read a post she wrote several months ago A Tour Through Blogland with Sew Crafty Angel. I love the way her blog was created and how she writes and brings things together. It's a great read, take a look.


Here in Hawaii it's cook out, barbecue and potluck season all year-long. We recently had rib night... mmmmmm the kids and hubby love Beef ribs with my homemade Sweet BBQ Sauce. I decided to throw a coleslaw together that everyone in the house loves and thought I'd share it with you all. I use rice vinegar that really makes this coleslaw have a unique taste.

    Coleslaw

 

Coleslaw Recipe

 

Ingredients: 

1 Medium Cabbage- Shredded

1/4 Purple Cabbage- Shredded

1 Cup Mayonnaise

1/3 Cup Rice Vinegar

2 Tbsp Sugar- to taste

Ground Pepper- to taste

1/4 tsp Poppy Seed

 

Directions:

In a large bowl place shredded regular cabbage and purple cabbage and set aside.

In a medium size bowl put in the mayonnaise, rice vinegar and sugar. Mix well. Do a quick test to see if it's the sweetness you desire. If you would like it a little sweeter now is the time to add a little more sugar.


Start mixing the mayonnaise mixture in with the cabbage. I use tongs or my hands, whichever works for you. If your bowl is too full to mix it well, you may need to take a little bit of the cabbage out so you have room in your bowl. As the mayonnaise starts saturating the cabbage you will begin to have more room in the bowl to add back in the overflow of cabbage.


Once everything is mixed well, put in the pepper and poppy seeds. You may increase the pepper amount if you like. This amount is perfect for us.

    Coleslaw (1)

I do not personally add salt, I like to leave it for everyone to add their own if they think it needs it. If you want to add salt ahead of time, add it into the mayonnaise mixture to your liking.

There are so many more things you can put in this coleslaw to change-up the flavor. You can put apples, raisins and even add some canned mandarins.


Do you like coleslaw? What kind of things do you like to put in it? Let me know what you think of this recipe, I would love to hear from you!

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I love that you used both red & regular cabbage!
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, I hope you like it :) Thank you for stopping by!!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coleslaw recipe sounds and looks delicious. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Cole slaw and this recipe sounds so easy. Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to try it!
    Apple Pie at Sisterswives.com

    ReplyDelete